Gremsy ’s Gimbal supports SBUS, SPECTRUM and PPM receivers.
This article will show you how to use S.Bus signal output from a remote controller (Futaba, Herelink, …) for simultaneous control of Autopilot, Gimbal and camera as well.
In this specific example, we will use a T3 gimbal connected directly to Pixhawk’s SBUS.o port, and also connect the third party Seagull #Rec for triggering and zooming the Sony Camera.
Using Remote Control (Herelink):
- Scroll wheel controls the TILT or PAN axis (Channel 10)
- Top button (Right) controls the Gimbal mode including 3 states (Toggle PAN or TILT and Reset Position) (Channel 9)
- C button controls zoom in for camera (Channel 14)
- D button controls zoom out for camera (Channel 14)
- Trigger Camera (Channel 7)
Let’s get started!
1. Items required
- Sony A6/A7 alpha
- Herelink Remote Controller
- Seagull #Rec custom.
- Pixhawk FC.
- T3 Gimbal.
2. Firmware update
The gimbal must be running a firmware version from v7.4.0 or higher and a software v1.4.1 or higher.
You can update the latest firmware on our site at https://gremsy.com/supports/ or follow us at GitHub to keep updated and get previous versions if needed.
3. Hardware setup guide
- 1.Gimbal connection
SBUS port is located on the Hyper Quick Release or the Gimbal Controller.
Connect the FC’s SBUS output port (labelled “SBUSo” on a Cube, “SB” on a Pixhawk) to the gimbal’s SB or “SBUS” port.
b. Seagull #Rec Custom connection
- Connecting MAIN OUT7 with CH1 (Photo & Record).
- Connecting AUX OUT 4 with CH2 (Zoom).
4. Software setup guide
a. Configuring Gimbal
NOTE: This feature will only appear when you upgrade the latest firmware and software. Please see the instructions above.
Open gTune and navigate to SETTINGS à CONTROLS à HERELINK.
Step1: Connect the SBUS 2 port on Herelink to SBUS port on MTX hub of Mio gimbla Step2: Connect the Mio with Gtune app/software then go to Settings -> Control -> Choose the Herelink Step 3: Configure the smooth and speed according your application Refer to : Video